18/06/13 - Compiled from data from the Solicitors Regulation Authority website
Area of law reviewed: General Legal advice
Decision - control of practice
Outcome date: 26 March 2012
Published date: 3 July 2012
Firm or organisation at time of matters giving rise to outcome
Name: APM Legal
100 Pall Mall, St James, London,SW1Y 5NQ
Firm ID: 370828
This outcome was reached by SRA decision.
To grant Mr A J Pirotta a practising certificate for the practice year 2011/2012 subject to the following conditions:-
1. he may act as a solicitor only in employment.
2. he is not a sole practitioner or a manager or owner of a recognised or licensable body.
3. Mr Pirotta shall immediately inform any actual or prospective employer of these conditions and the reasons for their imposition.
4. In this condition “manager” and “owner” are as defined in Chapter 14 of the SRA Code of Conduct 2011.
5. He undertakes a course accredited by the Solicitors Regulation Authority on the SRA Handbook (SRA Code of Conduct 2011) within 6 months of the date of notification of this decision and provides confirmation of the completion of the course (in the form of a certificate or letter of attendance from the course provider) at such course within 7 months of notification of this decision.
The SRA considers Mr Pirotta unsuitable to undertake certain activities in relation to a legal practice, either at all or save as specified in the condition, and that imposing the condition that Mr Pirotta may act as a solicitor in employment only will, in the public interest, limit, restrict, halt or prevent his involvement in those activities. Imposing the condition requiring Mr Pirotta to undertake training will, in the public interest, require him to take specified steps conducive to the carrying on of efficient practice.
Did these reviews/comments match your experience? Leave a review
Map of APM Legal solicitors, Whitehall
Subscribe to updates
Notify me of new reviews or responses added for this solicitor: