2 reviews (1/5) and information for Laurence Ian Ward, Altrincham
How to find us
, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA14
Are you this solicitor?
Contact us to take control of your listing or to request any edits to your information
All content on solicitor.info is viewed and used at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
02/06/17 - Reviewed by Ex client
A recent property boundary issue required me to check my documentation provided by Ward &Co when I purchased the (new build) property in 2005.
The documentation provided by Ward & Co illustrated my boundary line based on the title plan(not provided by Ward an Co). However a recent check of the government land registry is different and indicates a reduced boundary compared with Ward & Co's documentation.
Investigations revealed Ward and Co where closed down in 2009 and a review on this site indicated they were brought before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal for prosecution. I'm now left without any recourse as the Solicitors Regulation Authority have no means to address what appears to be a misrepresentation by Ward & Co with respect my property boundaries.
General Legal advice
25/11/11 - Reviewed by Solicitors Regulation Authority
Outcome date: 7 September 2010
Published date: 21 November 2011
Firm or organisation at time of matters giving rise to outcome
Name: Ward & Co
30 Railway Street, Altrincham, Cheshire WA14
Firm ID: 328942
This outcome was reached by SRA decision.
This notification relates to a Decision to prosecute before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal. This is an independent Tribunal which will reach its own decision after considering all the evidence, including any evidence put forward by the Solicitor. The Tribunal has certified that there is a case to answer in respect of allegations which are or include that he :-
1) Conducted himself in a manner which was likely to compromise his integrity
2) Permitted money to be paid into, and out of, client account when there was no requirement or legitimate purpose for such money to be paid into client account
3) Conducted himself in a manner which was likely to compromise or impair his duty to act in the best interest of clients
4) Conducted himself in a manner which was likely to compromise or impair the good repute of the solicitors' profession
5) Failed to diosclose all relevant information to a client, namely the lender, in certain conveyancing transactions, which was material to the lenders' business.
6) Failed to comply with the requirements of the Solicitors Practice Rules 1990 and/or The Solcitiors Code of Conduct 2007
7) Acted and/or permitted a member of his staff to act in conveyancing transactions where there was a conflict of interest or the sighnificant risk of a conflict of interest
8) Failed to maintain an adequate level of supervision of unqualified staff engaged in carrying out work on behalf of the Firm. The allegations are subject to a Hearing before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal and are as yet unproven.
More information on this finding: http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/solicitor-check/119291.article?Decision-1
Subscribe to updates
Complete the form below to be notified of new reviews or responses added for this solicitor.
- All solicitors in Altrincham
- Conveyancing / property solicitors Altrincham
- Personal injury solicitors Altrincham
- Commercial solicitors Altrincham
- Divorce solicitors Altrincham
- Family solicitors Altrincham
- Legal aid solicitors Altrincham
- Immigration solicitors Altrincham
- Driving solicitors Altrincham
- Will and probate solicitors Altrincham
- Criminal solicitors Altrincham
- Medical negligence solicitors Altrincham
- Employment law solicitors Altrincham
3,830,241 page views