7 reviews (3/5) and information for Howes Percival LLP, Northampton
How to find us
Nene House, 4 Rushmills, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN4 7YB
- 3 The Osiers Business Centre, Leicester
- First Floor, Bell House, Seebeck Place, Knowlhill, Milton Keynes
- Flint Buildings, 1 Bedding Lane, Norwich
- Ground Floor, Terrington House, 13-15 Hills Road, Cambridge
- 2nd Floor, 19 Spring Gardens, Manchester
Facilities Office accepts Legal Aid
Languages spoken English, French, Gujarati, Portuguese
Size of firm 20 solicitors
Are you this solicitor?
Contact us to take control of your listing or to request any edits to your information
867 page views
All content on solicitor.info is viewed and used at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
Legal services at this branch
- Administrative and public law
- Commercial litigation
- Commercial property
- Company and commercial
- Conveyancing - residential
- Corporate finance
- Debt and bankruptcy - personal
- Debt recovery
- Dispute resolution - civil mediation
- Dispute resolution - commercial mediation
- Energy and natural resources
- Family - general
- Information Technology
- Insolvency and restructuring - business
- Intellectual property
- Landlord and tenant - residential
- Licensing gaming and betting
- Litigation - general
- entertainment and sport
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Neighbour disputes
- Personal injury
- Private client - Probate
- Private client - trusts
- Private client - Wills
- Professional negligence
06/11/18 - Reviewed by Anonymous
Terrible customer service, incorrect advice given. Lost papers, papers sent to wrong addresses. My case was passed through 4 different solicitors, without any warning. The organisation is a disaster, yet very quick to blame others.
05/02/18 - Reviewed by Brian Cannell
Avoid this solicitor at all costs.
They were working for me on an access dispute. There bills were very dubious. My solicitor one time asked me about a holiday I went on and chatted about it for 15 minutes. When I received my next bill I found I had been charged over Â£50. Another time she did an internal handover to another solicitor to save me money. She spent time refreshing her memory then had a meeting to pass the details on. who worked on it and for how long. This cost me over Â£400. I had to threaten to go to the legal ombudsman to get my money back. I gave up and accepted Â£300. I have all the itemised bills and emails to prove what I say.
06/02/14 - Reviewed by Anon
The service offered was poor from start to finish and remains ongoing.
We had to spend a lot of time going through and changing the letters due to errors ranging from spelling errors to sending us someone else's mortgage details. We complained and the solicitor thought blaming her assistant who compiled the information and letters to be a suitable response. As the solicitor signs it, she is presumably responsible. We had to get them to make changes as they kept sending the details for our house sale to my husband.....though he didn't own the house (nor was he my husband at that time)!
All in all the quality of service would have been funny had it not been for the sting in the tail........our house doesn't comply with building regulations and we are now having to sue them for failing to make the adequate checks.
Use them at your peril.
07/02/13 - Reviewed by Susan Smith
Three previous positive reviews all done on the same day? Umm, at at all suspicious...
Buying a flat in London can be stressful. Buying a flat using Howes Percival for your conveyancing makes the whole process even more stressful than it needs to be!! This company is one of the largest conveyancing firms in the UK, so you might expect them to be decent...unfortunately their large size means individual customers are not important to them, and just getting in contact with your solicitor becomes a very difficult chore!
I did not choose to use Howes Percival, we chose a mortgage with HSBC so had to use a conveyancer on their list of approved companies. They were the company assigned to us.
The bad parts:
* We never actually spoke to a solicitor. Everything was done by paralegals and their assistants. I wouldn't mind this if they didn't make so many mistakes...
* It took them over a month from the day I contacted them, to the day they started working on our case.
* It took them over a six weeks to respond to queries from the sellers solicitors. The sellers solicitor attempted to call them every day, but they were uncontactable (!)
* They made mistakes on our mortgage contract, so we had to wait several weeks for a letter from the bank to confirm extra details they they had missed.
* They gave the wrong instructions to our surveyor, so we didn't receive the home buyers report that we paid for (we got it in the end, after I called the surveyor to ask what went wrong...)
* Their online system didn't work, so we couldn't check the progress of our sale. I told them several times, but it was never fixed.
* I tried e-mails, their online system and phoning...but it was VERY difficult to contact the lady working on our case. They didn't work on anything unless I called to check, so in the last month of the sale, I had to call every day to check how things were going, Eep! I had to be a total nightmare customer because I couldn't trust them!
* We were told we would receive an information pack explaining the conveyancing process - this never came.
* They made countless mistakes and errors (eg. spelling my name wrong on the contract, leaving blank sections on documents, spelling errors, adding the wrong prices etc.)
* They tried to charge us an extra Â£3,700 two days before completion (it was a fee that should have been charged to the seller, but they didn't read the contract, so tried to charge me for it)
* They were so slow that they pushed our completion date back by a month, leaving us homeless for a few weeks.
They get one star because in the end...with lots of chasing, we did manage to buy our flat. (yay!!) Now, a month later, I am still waiting for the SDLT forms. Ah well...maybe they will come eventually!
08/02/13 - Response by Admin
The same dates on other reviews may be due to an error when we swapped from database one to another.
General Legal advice
27/04/11 - Reviewed by Mr & Mrs Stamp
Your service was outstanding from beginning to end. Thank you very much.
27/04/11 - Reviewed by Mortgage Advice Services
Mortgage Advice Services has enjoyed a very successful 10 year partnership with Howes Percival Solicitors. During that time we have have been provided with a friendly, efficient and reliable service that is second to none
Subscribe to updates
Complete the form below to be notified of new reviews or responses added for this solicitor.
- All solicitors in Northampton
- Conveyancing / property solicitors Northampton
- Personal injury solicitors Northampton
- Commercial solicitors Northampton
- Divorce solicitors Northampton
- Family solicitors Northampton
- Legal aid solicitors Northampton
- Immigration solicitors Northampton
- Driving solicitors Northampton
- Will and probate solicitors Northampton
- Criminal solicitors Northampton
- Medical negligence solicitors Northampton
- Employment law solicitors Northampton
4,054,221 page views