Abode Limited solicitors reviews & information
The Studio, Greengate, HARROGATE
Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG3 1GY
Tel: 01423 535600
Areas of law reviewed: Conveyancing/property law
19/12/16 - Compiled from data from the Solicitors Regulation Authority website
This solicitor firm was mentioned by the SRA (Solicitors Regulation Authority)
03/10/13 - Compiled from data from the Solicitors Regulation Authority website
Area of law reviewed: General Legal advice
Decision - Prosecution
Outcome: Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal finding
Outcome date: 1 October 2012
Published date: 27 August 2013
Firm name: Abode Solicitors Ltd
Trading as: Abode Solicitors Ltd
Firm address: The Studio, Greengate, Cardale Park, Harrogate, HG3 1GY
SRA ID: 537244
This outcome was reached by SRA decision.
This notification relates to a Decision to prosecute before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal. This is an independent Tribunal which will reach its own decision after considering all the evidence, including any evidence put forward by the Solicitor. The Tribunal has certified that there is a case to answer in respect of allegations which are or include that they:
- Failed, alternatively facilitated, permitted or acquiesced in a failure to disclose material information to lender and/or purchaser clients and/or failed to act in the best interests of lender and/or purchaser clients.
- Acted in transactions where there was a conflict or a significant risk of conflict between two or more clients.
- Failed, alternatively facilitated, permitted or acquiesced in a failure to obtain the written consent of clients to act where there was a common interest.
- Permitted the use of one client’s funds for the benefit of another client without authority from the first client to do so.
- Failed to keep accounting records properly written up.
- Allowed client bank account to be used as a banking facility.
The allegations are subject to a Hearing before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal and are as yet unproven.
17/02/13 - Compiled from data from the Legal Ombudsman website
Area of law reviewed: Conveyancing/property
Residential Conveyancing. (Ref: 209207 - 03/09/2012). Remedy: To pay compensation for emotional impact and/or disruption caused, To pay compensation of a specified amount for loss suffered. Remedy Amount: £1,000 - £4,999. Complaint Reasons: Failure to advise.
Did these reviews/comments match your experience? Leave a review
Map of Abode Limited solicitors, Harrogate
Subscribe to updates
Notify me of new reviews or responses added for this solicitor: