2 reviews (1/5) and information for Birkett Long LLP, Colchester
How to find us
1 Amphora Place, Sheepen Road, Colchester, Essex, CO3 3WG
- Faviell House, 1 Coval Wells, Chelmsford
- Suite 3 2nd Floor, Phoenix House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon
Facilities Office has disabled access,Office supports hearing induction loops
Languages spoken English, French, German, Greek
Size of firm 32 solicitors
Are you this solicitor?
Contact us to take control of your listing or to request any edits to your information
All content on solicitor.info is viewed and used at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
Legal services at this branch
- Clinical negligence
- Commercial litigation
- Commercial property
- Company and commercial
- Conveyancing - residential
- Corporate finance
- Dispute resolution - civil mediation
- Dispute resolution - commercial mediation
- Family - general
- Insolvency and restructuring - business
- Landlord and tenant - residential
- Licensing gaming and betting
- Litigation - general
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Neighbour disputes
- Personal injury
- Private client - disputed probate
- Private client - disputed trusts
- Private client - disputed wills
- Private client - Probate
- Private client - trusts
- Private client - Wills
- Professional negligence
General Legal advice
07/05/20 - Reviewed by Patricia Marchand
I had a problem with a neighbour whose tree roots were growing in my alley way. I did not want to argue with the neighbour just wanted to part with the roots without damaging their small tree.
Birtkett Long sent me a surveyor who went onto the visit of my property taking pictures telling me he could not take any side without checking with me, the owner. I paid more than 1000 for that survey, Birkett Long did not do anything but sending that man more than 3 weeks after my request and guess what they just sent me another invoice claiming I owe them money for neighbour disputes! REALLY?!
General Legal advice
04/08/19 - Reviewed by AVeryPrivateGentleman
This company has gone so badly down hill in the years i have known them it beggars belief why we did business with them.
Ive never once had an occasion with them where there hasn't been some drama or over reaction with them. (The appear to enjoy or thrive on trouble).
My current experience with them is nothing short of scandalous during a very vulnerable time and situation I will not be using them again and wouldn't recommend this firm to anybody.
Its a shame they cant focus some of that bully tactic to the opposite side, as they displayed when in dispute with my complaint.
They took over the indemnity of a well known local practise that my family were linked to for over 40 years and what a hash up that's been for us.
With my case in particular this is a firm that will not admit when its wrong and adopts any means to wheedle out of serious issues, with disgruntled clients such as myself.
Roll on my complaint to the legal services ombudsman.
(This review is my own opinion and perception based on our experiences of the legal services we have received from this firm).
05/08/19 - Response by Jennie, Birkett Long LLP
I’m very sorry to hear about your situation. It sounds like you have already reported your complaint to Birkett Long, but if not, please find the details of what you need to do here - https://www.birkettlong.co.uk/site/about/legalombudsman. The Legal Ombudsman has a strict process to follow, so you must do this before they can help you.
Subscribe to updates
Complete the form below to be notified of new reviews or responses added for this solicitor.
- All solicitors in Colchester
- Conveyancing / property solicitors Colchester
- Personal injury solicitors Colchester
- Commercial solicitors Colchester
- Divorce solicitors Colchester
- Family solicitors Colchester
- Legal aid solicitors Colchester
- Immigration solicitors Colchester
- Driving solicitors Colchester
- Will and probate solicitors Colchester
- Criminal solicitors Colchester
- Medical negligence solicitors Colchester
- Employment law solicitors Colchester
4,348,129 page views